Thank you for all the support in making our Touchdown and Tunes event a HUGE success!!
Thank you to our sponsors, donors, Austin's Firegrill and staff, and all the attendees!!
Who We Are
Lily Pad is regionally recognized for its exceptional delivery of comprehensive services to victims and families impacted by crimes of sexual assault and child sexual/physical
abuse. Services provided are developmentally appropriate and specialized to meet the distinctive needs of each individual. Programs and services provided include:
- 24-hour crisis line
- 24-hour professional assistance and support for allied
- Forensic Interviews for child victims of alleged sexual/physical abuse and witnesses to violent crime
- 24-hour forensic-medical evidentiary exam/ assessment and evidence
- Child, adolescent, adult, and family advocacy
- Medical accompaniment
- CASA - court appointed special advocates for children in foster
- PAVES - legitimation assistance for non custodial parents
- Georgia statewide Adolescent/ Adult and Pediatric Sexual Assault Examiner (SAE)
and Nurse Examiner (SANE) Trainings
- Professional training programs for law enforcement; prosecutors; judges; medical
personnel; child protective services; and allied professionals
- Consultation; trainings; protocol and policy development assistance for: schools,
media, government agencies, publications, and educational and youth serving organizations
Since opening its doors in 2008, the Lily Pad has helped over 3,500 primary and
secondary victims, offering a safe haven for abused children and adult victims, providing long-term advocacy for victims and their families, and assisting in the investigation of abuse cases.
Since 2006, the Lily Pad:
- Provided over 2,000 referrals for additional services
- Provided forensic interviews for over 2,300 sexually and physically abused
- Provided over 1,800 SANE exams
- Coordinated MDT case review for over 1,100 cases of alleged child
How We Are Funded
There is no charge to victims that receive direct services from the Lily Pad.
The Lily Pad is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Approximately 70% of the agency budget comes from state and federal grant
sources, and in 2009, state funding for sexual assault centers decreased by 47%.
Since 2008, Lily Pad has touched the lives of
thousands of children and adults, who are victims of sexual assault or child abuse, and their families.
As the number of people living with the
aftermath of sexual assault and child abuse grows, the demand for our services has dramatically increased. To meet the continuing challenge – and reach more families in Southwest Georgia than ever
before – we need YOUR support.
Please help us reach our goal and help more
victims find help and hope.